As I am sure you are all aware the weather forecast for Sunday’s Competition is not looking very favourable at present. I will review the situation tomorrow afternoon and see what the Met Office Inshore Waters Forecast is giving. If they continue to issue a strong wind warning for our area I am afraid that I will have to cancel the event.
I have just spoken to other club members sounding out their views on tomorrow’s competition and everyone shares the same opinion that the conditions are not suitable for the event to take place.The forecast below issued at noon today is for the next 24 hours and things are not expected to improve until the early hours of Monday morning when the wind veers to the NW. Let’s hope for more favourable conditions for the Cod Open scheduled to be fished on 25th November 2018 0845-1545.
Dover Wind. Southwesterly 4 or 5, occasionally 3 in south. Sea state. Slight or moderate. Weather. Fair. Visibility Good.